10 Freelance skills that will get you hired
We often talk about how many skills you need to be a successful freelancer. But we cannot specify them because we know that there are many skills you need to nurture for a successful freelancer.
Those who are thinking of getting into freelance work often wonder what skills turn you the jack of all trades and increase the chances of success in various freelance trait-like as freelance app developers, freelance writers, etc.
Since competition is touching the sky high day by day, so you need to be perfect to get freelance work from the market. Just like the workers in the industries, freelancers need some soft skills. They have to compete to find a spot in the market.
When you are hunting for the client and try to build long term relation, soft skills are your trump cards.
So we will discuss the skills that you need to work on!
- 1) Communication skills- This is essential! You are going to communicate a lot with your clients in an efficient manner. You need to maintain your communication healthily. You should approach your entire message to the clients with a positive attitude. You will need to put yourself in the client's shoes very often!
- 2) Confidence and self-assurance- As a freelancer, you should be confident about your abilities. If you lose your confidence, your clients won’t either. A client should see the confidence in you and your abilities. If you can impress your client, with your confidence and he is clear about the pros of hiring you, you can do a favor for yourself when you bid on freelance projects.
- 3) Understand their needs- Before your client decides to Hire Freelancer for their next project, they want to know that the person who they are tasking the project is clear about the project's needs and deliverables. You can ask questions to the clients and use relevant jargon to clarify that you know what you are talking about the project.
- 4) Be yourself- No two freelancers have the same style of writing and don’t forget that you have your personality. You should have the skill to attract your client through the bit of spark to the projects and the cover letters Your skill sets are the meat and potatoes that the client considers while hiring. If he likes your work than the other freelancers, then you are more likely to win the job.
- 5) Share your best ideas- If you want a freelance work opportunity, you have to share all your ideas to grab the client’s interest. Every freelance project does not have creative wiggle rooms; you have to find a spot where you can apply all your projected ideas altogether.
- 6) Be ready to collaborate- Often freelance projects involve collaborative working that includes one or more people. The client will make this clear and you should let them know that you are comfortable with listening and sharing ideas with your teammates. If you have to work with your client, and your small gesture of saying ”looking forward to work with you” will reinforce that you are aware of collaborating freelancing work, and your client will appreciate it.
- 7) Determination and Responsibility- As a freelancer, you have to make decisions for your actions. You will have to bear your successes and failures with your decisions. Sometimes you will get success from the ability to decide on the spot. At the beginning of the freelancer jobs, this is a common issue that most of the freelancers face. But with time, your work will teach you. And often, clients appreciate responsibility and determination.
- 8) Write professionally- This is the initial step to hire freelancers, so you should be very careful about your writing. There is no room for misspelled or grammatically flawed messages to your client who is going to hire you. Let your words speak for you!
- 9) Flexibility- This is the quality that helps you in situation assessments as well as diversify your portfolio for the new opportunities. You should be ready to adapt to new things if the clients demand. If you are flexible and able to complete your task in the short notice and quick turnaround time, your clientele will appreciate and remember it. This skill will make a client think that they can rely on you in hard times.
- 10) Be Gracious- Whether the client hires you or not, always thank him for taking the time to review your proposal. Leaving a positive impression adds the odd if your client has to dip back in the hiring pool he may think about you.
No matters how great soft skill you have, but there is always room for growth. Building a freelancing career is challenging and needs regular self-improvement. You have to recognize the problem, and search the solution and you will see a difference in the path of your freelance career.